The TOGAF® Standard, a standard of The Open Group, is a proven Enterprise Architecture methodology and framework used by the world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency.
It is the most prominent and reliable Enterprise Architecture standard, ensuring consistent standards, methods, and communication among Enterprise Architecture professionals. Those professionals who are fluent in the TOGAF approach enjoy greater industry credibility, job effectiveness, and career opportunities. This approach helps practitioners avoid being locked into proprietary methods, utilize resources more efficiently and effectively, and realize a greater return on investment. The standard is constantly evolving as a result of the work delivered by members of The Open Group Architecture Forum. The most relevant activities currently happening in the Forum that address the new trends and challenges are:
- Providing practical guidance in relation to how to use and adapt the standard to address new trends and fit specific organizational needs
- Agile Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF standard
- Digital Enterprise – How EA can support and leverage the current capabilities and identify the new ones needed to transform organizations into the digital era
- Business Capabilities and Business Modeling
- Strategy based Business Architecture
- Specific guidance on how to use the standard to fit specific organizational needs
Understanding the ToGaf library
Who should take this course?
The target audience for Level 1 includes:
- IT Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation.
- Solution / Technical Architects who are looking for a first introduction to TOGAF®.
- Solution / Technical / Enterprise Architects who want to achieve certification in a stepwise approach.
The target audience for Level 2 includes:
- IT Professionals who are working in an organization where TOGAF® has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives.
- Solution / Technical / Enterprise Architects who would be responsible for developing architecture artifacts
- Solution / Technical / Enterprise Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF® as an architecture practice.
- Solution / Technical / Enterprise Architects who want to achieve a recognized certification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF®
This is a combined TOGAF 9 Part 1 and Part 2 examination for candidates who want to achieve Level 2 certification directly.
- Prerequisites: None
- Supervised: Yes
- Open Book: Dependent on section. This examination comprises two separate sections. The TOGAF 9 Part 1 section is CLOSED Book. The TOGAF 9 Part 2 section is OPEN book. An electronic copy of the specification is built into the exam and becomes available in Part 2 only (*).
- Exam type: The exam comprises two sections. Section 1: 40 Simple Multiple Choice questions + Section 2: 8 Scenario Based, Complex Multiple Choice
- Number of questions: 48
- Pass score: The pass mark for Part 1 is 55%, which means 22 or more points out of maximum of 40 points. For Part 2, the pass mark is 60%, which means 24 or more points out of a maximum of 40 points. Note that you must pass both parts of the exam to achieve an overall pass result. If you fail either part you fail the examination, however you only need retake the examination(s) corresponding to the failed section(s).
- Time limit: 150 Minutes total (**). Each section has a maximum time limit as follows: 60 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 1. 90 Minutes on TOGAF 9 Part 2. Once you complete the TOGAF 9 Part 1 section you cannot return to it. There is no break between sections; Part 1 directly follows Part 2.
- Retake policy: If you fail you must wait one month before another attempt on any TOGAF 9 examination. This applies even if you only need to retake one of the two parts of the examination.